Quality, Loving Pet Care, in Your Own Home - Serving Cloverdale, White Rock, Surrey, North Delta, & Langley, BC, Canada
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOUR PETS:
- Love and care for them as if they were our own - they will not suffer from lack of attention!
- Clean their food and water bowls, taking note if they didn't eat all of their last meal.
- Fill their food and water bowls with fresh food and water.
- Clean the cats' litter box, taking note of anything "unusual".
- Let the dog out for a "relief break", or take him for a walk.
- Administer any medications or treatments - oral liquids or tablets, eye or ear drops, injections, sub-cutaneous fluids, change bandages, flea treatments, etc
- Give them brushes, cuddles & tummy rubs (if that's what they like!), and a "paw-dicure" (if you've requested).
- Play games with them, such as Mock Mouse Hunting, Cat Dancer, and Fetch!
- Leave them alone if they're shy or timid, until they decide on their own terms to accept our cuddles and fun (We'll just reassure the nervous ones with gentle soft talk, and won't push ourselves on them )
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU:
- Bring in any newspapers or mail from your front porch, which will make it appear as if someone is home.
- Rotate drapes/blinds/curtains and lights, again, making it appear as if someone is home.
- Take the garbage to the curb on garbage day.
- Water the houseplants.
- Clean up any messes and "accidents", and spot treat any carpet stains.
- Leave updates on your voice mail or email every couple of days, if you'd like.
- Contact you if there's any emergency you need to know about.
- Water outside plants in the summer, for a nominal extra charge, depending on how long it takes to water them.
WHAT WE WON'T DO!
- We won't let any kitties outside, even if they're "outside cats".
- There are too many dangers outside - coyotes, raccoons, cars, antifreeze puddles, and evil people, to name a few - and we just can't take the risk of kitty not returning before nightfall. We wouldn't be able to sleep at night, if someone doesn't make it back home, and we'd hate to have to disturb you with bad news. (If you insist that we let your kitties outside, and we're reasonably comfortable with the idea, we will need you to sign a waiver, releasing us from any responsibility caused by something happening while they're outside).
- We won't "skip a day", and just care for your cats "every other day".
- Cats are very adept at hiding it when they're not well. When we come in every day, we are monitoring your cat's health. If kitty doesn't show any symptoms on Monday, he could be very sick by Wednesday - and prompt treatment is crucial. Our services are performed once- or twice-daily.
- We won't care for mean or vicious dogs.
- During our Initial Consult, we'll get to know each other. If we feel your dog is too aggressive for our personal safety, we'll give you the names of some reputable kennels who are better equipped to deal with that type of behaviour. We're all very good with dogs, but we will not risk our safety to care for one who could hurt us badly.
- We won't let your dog off-leash.
- We don't want to take the risk that he may take off and - not knowing us well yet - not come back.
- We won't walk more than one dog at a time (unless they're all your own).
- We can give better attention and care to your dog one-on-one. We're not the type of dog-walkers who walks six dogs from six different homes at the same time. Your dog will have our undivided attention, and can enjoy her walk in peace, without being pestered by other dogs she doesn't know.
- We won't dog-sit fewer than two visits per day.
- Asking your dog to "hold it" for 12 hours will be tough - trying to hold it for longer will be impossible! And we won't just "clean up any mess" he'll make by only being seen once a day - it's just not fair to the dog. Dogs are a den animal, and instinctively do not want to soil their den. We don't want to be any part of putting them through the trauma of having to soil their den.
- We won't "ignore" other pets in the home.
- All pets need fresh food and water, which we will provide to a couple of other small pets in your home at no extra charge. For a nominal additional fee (based on the time it takes), we'll also clean cages of birds, hamsters, rabbits, etc
- We won't stay overnight.
- We have other clients, and pets of our own - our services are designed for daily minimum-half-hour visits, and your pets will share quality time with us while we're visiting. We promise you, they will be happy and content!
- We won't bring your pets into our own homes.
- Our homes just aren't big enough - or set up - to board animals, and mix others with our own pets! We come to your home, where your pets will be relaxed and content, and your cats won't be forced to share living quarters with my "Labracat" (even though she believes she's feline, other kitties just may not agree!)
- We won't houseclean, do laundry, or iron.
- We will definitely leave your home as neat and tidy as we found it, but please make sure your kitchen sink and counters are clean, and your dishwasher is empty or turned on before you leave.
- We won't mow your lawn.
- If you'll be gone long enough for the lawn to advertise that there's no one at home, you might want to consider having someone come and mow it for you while you're gone!
Top of Page
Revised: November 19, 2007
Website and Logo Designed by Lawana Quest.........................................................................................© 2005-2008 Cat's Cradle Critter Sitter. All Rights Reserved