Quality, Loving Pet Care, in Your Own Home - Serving Cloverdale, White Rock, Surrey, North Delta, & Langley, BC, Canada
- Office Hours are from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
- Care Visits are performed 365 days a year! Morning calls from 8am to 2pm, and afternoon calls from 4pm to 8pm.
- When you leave a voice-mail message, we will endeavour to return your call within 48 hours. Please let us know how late in the evenings we can call you back.
- We require a minimum 7 days notice, otherwise we cannot guarantee that we can fit your pets in to the schedule. If we are able to juggle and squeeze your pets in to the schedule, then a $15 Late Booking Fee will apply.
- For Key Clients (see below under "Keys"), a minimum of 3 days notice is required, and it must be in writing, so there is no discrepancy with dates of service. Verbal notice is not sufficient! Please email the details - the booking will be officially confirmed only after we reply to your email, and have received your deposit. This is to ensure that no assumptions are made, everything is in writing, and no pets are left without care!
- We are unable to provide refunds, however, credit towards future pet-sits will be given.
- If we receive more than 48 hours notice of cancellation, then you'll receive full credit towards any future pet-sits for any monies already paid. If less than 48 hours, then you'll receive credit, less the cost of the first visit.
- We are unable to provide refunds, however, credit towards future dog-walks may be given.
- If we receive more a full 24 hours notice of cancellation, then you'll receive credit for the missed walk. If less than 24 hours, there is no credit.
- Please provide us with 2 keys before you leave, for emergency purposes. (One key is with the primary pet-sitter while we do the Care Visits, the other is always kept locked in the office. If we are in an accident, a CCCS Representative will be informed, and can go to the office to get the spare key, and resume all Care Visits, without having to track down anyone's purse or car to find the keys!). If you only have one key to give us during the Initial Consult, you can leave the second key on the counter so we'll have it after the first visit.
- You will also need to give a key to a trusted neighbour, in case of extreme emergency, which we will discuss further during the Initial Consult.
- If you have new keys cut, please try them all out in the lock before you give them to us!
- At least one key should be given to us at the time the Service Agreement is signed, to avoid the extra $15 Key Pick-Up or Drop-Off charge.
- We cannot accept the keys being handed over to us by anyone other than the client, and will not accept them from a "hiding place".
- The "Key Client" program authorizes CCCS to keep your two keys at the office, coded and locked up, so we are able to care for your pets without having to make an appointment to get the keys and sign another Service Agreement. Leaving your keys with CCCS will save you the regular fee ($15) for each key pick-up and drop-off, and can leave town with a minimum 3 full days notice, although at least 7 days' notice is preferred. Any reservations made with less than 7 days notice may not be able to be accomodated, and as this service is "First Come, First Served", it is in your best interest to make your reservation as early as possible. You'll need to provide the notice in writing, with the date and time that you're leaving, as well as the date and time you're returning, and an updated out-of-town contact number. Repeat service would then be as per the last Service Agreement you signed, and the most current Rates sheet. See below for payment terms.
- Payment is by , , cheque or cash - sorry, debit cards are not accepted.
- If the total amount of the booking is under $100:
- ... then the entire balance is due when the Service Agreement is signed, or when the Repeat Booking is reserved.
- If the total amount of the booking is over $100:
- ... then a minimum 50% deposit is due when the Service Agreement is signed, or, if you're a Key Client, when your reservation for a Repeat Booking is made . This is to "hold your spot", and as we may have to turn away other clients who want that spot, the deposit is non-refundable. If you do need to cancel your trip, we will provide a credit for a future pet sitting assignment, with a minimum 7 days notice of cancellation.
- ...and the balance is due on the first day of the pet sitting assignment, via post-dated cheque given the day the Service Agreement is signed or mailed when a Repeat Booking is made, or by Visa or MasterCard.
- For repeat clients on the Key Client program (see above under "Keys"):
- ... if notice is given 7 or more days prior to departure, then 2 cheques should be immediately mailed to CCCS to confirm the booking - one cheque dated immediately for the 50% deposit, and the second cheque for the balance, post-dated to the first day of the assignment. Alternatively, you may pay via Visa or MasterCard - 50% the day you make the booking, and the remainder on the first day of the pet sitting assignment.
- ... If notice is less than 7 days, then the full amount is to be paid via Visa or MasterCard, or a cheque left on the counter before you leave, dated the first day of the pet-sitting assignment.
- ... If the balance is not paid by the first day of the assignment, or immediately upon your return, then interest will be charged at 2% per month, after 15 days. (Please keep in mind that we're providing a service, much like your veterinarian, mechanic, or hair stylist provides a service - they expect payment when service is rendered, as do we! :-)
- For your pets' safety, and the safety of all our clients' pets and our own, all pets must be "up-to-date" on their vaccines. We can discuss the definition of "up-to-date" in further detail during the Initial Consult.
- Clients must show proof of vaccines before the first visit commences.
- If you don't show proof of vaccines at the time the Service Agreement is signed, you can mail a copy of the vaccine certificate at any time prior to the first visit.
- When we call you 3 days prior to your departure, if we still don't have that proof, you will need to make other arrangements for pet sitting. We will not take a chance with anyones' pets, including our own.
- No fleas, please!
- All pets should be on flea prevention such as Program (which prevents eggs from hatching), or a topical such as Advantage (which kills adult fleas).
- Please ensure you have either treated your pet on his monthly treatment date, or you've informed us when he's due, and have left his treatment out.
- If we notice any fleas, and cannot find your own treatment, we will treat him with Advantage, to be reimbursed by you upon your return. Fleas multiply rapidly, and need to be treated immediately!
- We're sure you can understand that we don't want to bring any unwanted "guests" into your home, into our own homes, or into our next client's home!
- The pets are our number one priority!
- CCCS strives to ensure that all clients and pets are completely satisfied with their pet sitting service, and the Initial Consult, Service Agreement, Veterinarian Release and Code of Ethics are designed to address every possible scenario.
- If a client feels that their pets were not cared for properly, or their home was not found in a satisfactory state - and the problem was in CCCS's control - we will provide a refund or credit, according to our discretion and the degree of the problem.
Top of Page
Revised: April 14, 2008
Website and Logo Designed by Lawana Quest.........................................................................................© 2005-2008 Cat's Cradle Critter Sitter. All Rights Reserved